I got a chance to watch a three-part video series from Eckhart Tolle– the title for the video series was Conscious Manifestation.
I captured an insight, an approach to stretch my comfort zone. It could be about breaking through a mental barrier such as trying something new, dealing with a stressful situation, overcoming a lasting impact from an experience, or awfulizing about something that may happen in the future.
I break it into three parts, similar to how the video series had it in the different videos.
ONE: Be in your present moment
Your mind can have a strong gravitational pull to absorb all of your consciousness. Free up at least part of it for the awareness of the present moment.
If your present moment is a projection of a future moment, there is nothing much you can do about it. Let the present moment unfold in your consciousness. It opens up possibilities.
A couple of simple ideas to identify with the consciousness and the present moment are to witness my breathing going in and then out, and two, to feel the sensations in my body. Be aware without trying to label or judge it as good or bad. Be the witness or focus on breathing through those body parts, whether my chest, arms, legs, back, or any other area where I might feel throbbing vibrations, pain, or any different sensation.
I got a tool from mindfulness meditation that I have helped me. I have described it towards the end of this blog post.
TWO: Allow the present moment. Let it be.
Allow the feeling of anxiety or discomfort. Let it touch you. Yes, it is happening to me right now. Accept that as part of your present moment.
- There is no need to run away from it; it isn’t going to kill you unless you decide to fight it. Make it part of your conscious experience at the moment.
- Fighting or resisting the pain allows it to dominate you and control you. Accepting it will enable you to work through it. The athlete isn’t trying to fight the pain; he is trying to move with the pain. A pregnant woman works through contractions to give birth and does not fight against contractions.
- Allow yourself to feel your feelings, and they will naturally exhume.
- The intense, trapped energy, feeling almost like a burning fire inside, transmutes to give you power in the present moment.
Being aware of the feelings is the key, allowing them as they are without resisting them. The ocean of emotions, feelings, and sensations belongs in the present moment, just as everything else does: not to fight its waves, allow and observe them.
When you see the current situation with this conscious awareness, it impacts how it unfolds. It will also help you cultivate calmness and composure.
THREE: Insights emerge
- My abundance, the fullness of life, isn’t dependent on an outside event, a thing, or a condition. I am that abundance myself. Conscious awareness of the present moment allows it to manifest.
- My consciousness and the natural world aren’t different. The more I live in the awareness of the present moment, the more my world will change. It didn’t make logical sense to me initially. Reflecting on it a little bit, it somehow connects to me intuitively.
- When you pray for something, and if you honestly believe that you have received it, you will get it. This idea reminded me of an expression in Gujarati that I had heard zillion times growing up – “Sacha man thi mageli darek vastu tane malshe.” When you ask for something with your heart in the right place, you will get it – a pearl of wisdom about faith (shraddha) and a positive belief in yourself.
- When I witness the waves of the “ocean inside,” the process unlocks insights to surf the waves instead of being swept away by them.
Be in the moment as it is: accept it. It opens up space; it allows my natural intelligence to emerge that can guide me to change the limitation or situation in a meaningful way.
Quote from Eckhart Tolle:
To offer no resistance to life is to be in a state of grace, ease, and lightness. This state is then no longer dependent upon things being in a certain way, good or bad. It seems almost paradoxical, yet when your inner dependency on form is gone, the general conditions of your life, the outer forms, tend to improve greatly. Things, people, or conditions that you thought you needed for your happiness now come to you with no struggle or effort on your part, and you are free to enjoy and appreciate them – while they last. All those things, of course, will still pass away, cycles will come and go, but with dependency gone, there is no fear of loss anymore. Life flows with ease.
Let it be. Allow my present moment to be as it is.
NOTE: The following is one tool I try to get myself in a present moment – call it maybe meditation or visualization or mindfulness exercise: 🙂
- Get in my comfortable sitting or lying down on my back. Take three slow, deep breaths, exhaling slowly from my mouth.
- Relax my body scanning through different sections, starting from the head, face, neck, chest, solar plexus, pelvic area, thigh, and feet.
- Think, visualize that I am the vast, open awareness like the sky.
- Listen to the sounds near and far as they emerge and dissolve without leaving any trace.
- Feelings and emotions pass like a bubble or a cloud; they dissolve. Observe them with peace.
- My body is floating in this awareness. Witness the sensations and vibrations in it.
- This space is full of love and compassion. All feelings dissolve like a droplet of pigment in a lake, disappearing without any visible mark.